Last Updated on April 21, 2023 by cryptocreed
CGMiner is one of the oldest mining software for Linux/win/osx/MIPS/arm/r-pi. ASIC bitcoin miner wrote in c, cross-platform for Windows, Linux, OSX, and others, with monitoring, fan speed control, and remote interface capabilities.
This mining code or software is available for free to use hence never go to anyone who asks you to pay money to download this software.
CGMiner was developed and released by user Con Kolivas in the year 2011 to make sure users can mine Bitcoin and another cryptocurrency with ASIC easily. This software works properly with Windows, Linux, OSX, and other platforms.
You can download CGMiner for Bitcoin mining purposes or that blockchain-based coins. Their latest version was published in 2014 which version 4.11.0. The latest version also supports GPU mining. It is compatible even if you are doing CPU, GPU, ASIC, or Scrypt mining.
Also Read: Top 5 Cryptocurrency Arbitrage Platform
It is one of the most popular bitcoin mining software providers since its launch. It also doesn’t work only on windows but also on other platforms too like MAC and Linux.
- Very low overhead free c code for Linux and windows with very low non-mining CPU and ram usage
- Stratum and GBT pooled mining protocol support, including ultra-low overhead solo mining
- Scaleable networking scheduler designed to scale to any size hash rate without networking delays yet minimize connection overhead
- Long poll support – will use longpoll from any pool if the primary pool does not support it
- Self-detection of new blocks with a mini-database for slow/failing longpoll scenarios, maximum work efficiency, and minimum rejects.
- Heavily threaded code hands out work retrieval and work submission to separate threads to not hinder devices working
- Caching of submissions during transient network outages
- Preemptive fetching of work prior to completion of current work
- Local generation of valid work (via stratum, GBT, or ntime rollover) whenever possible, as supported on a per-work item basis
- Prevention of stale work submission on the new block
- Summarised and discrete device data statistics of requests, accepts, rejects, hw errors, and work utility
- Summary displayed when quitting
- Supports multiple pools with multiple intelligent failover mechanisms
- Temporary disabling of misbehaving pools rejecting all shares
- On the fly menu based management of most settings
- Trickling of extra work to backup pools if the primary pool is responding but slow
- RPC +/- JSON interface for remote control
- Bitforce support – singles and minirig
- Icarus support
- Modminer support
- Block solve detection
- cgminer linux download
- ASIC Avalon support
The latest version of the software was released in the year 2014 which is 4.2.1. You can download the software from the following links.
Click here to download and find the Bitcointalk thread. Don’t know how to use CGMiner? then this thread will help you.
CGMiner official developer page. This can be also cgminer official website.